D23 2017

D23 2017

Monday, July 10, 2017

Tips For Cosplayer by Rachael K

By Rachael K
Three more days and counting! I figured there are a lot of first time cosplayers out there going to the D23 Expo so I decided to think of a cosplayers guide on what to bring to D23. I've been to many conventions and my first convention, I learned the hard way and was bleeding all over my Elsa shoes and almost fainted in my corset (not fun) so here's some tips that I have learned over the years! Any other cosplayer feel free to add to the list in the comments =]
  1. BRING BANDAIDS!!!! Make sure your shoes have comfy in soles and that you have broken them in first! I made that mistake. Also bring socks just in case for heels. If you have a big dress, no one will know.
  2. Bring breakfast bars or granola. Sometimes you lose track of time because people are asking your photo and you're having so much fun and whoops it's 2 pm and I haven't eaten anything and I'm in a corset! Make sure you hydrate as well especially in costume.
  3. Deodorant and perfume are your best friend. No matter what time of year for cosplaying, you'll be sweating. Unless your Maui and shirtless, bring deodorant so you don't feel gross
  4. Cosplay cards to hand out to photographers are always handy for you and the photographer. If you don't have time, just print out on regular paper your page info for Facebook or Instagram etc.
  5. This is probably the hardest rule but, it is OK say no to photos. I always said yes until I was literally sleeping at Con and this person seriously woke me up from a nap to ask for my photo or while I was stuffing my face with food. Just remember to be polite and tell them I'm sorry. If it's a little child though, I usually say yes. You decide what helps you and remember, you need to rest too. Nobody wants a hangry princess.
  6. Practice poses beforehand. Find what pose works for you and what is a quick pose in case you're in a rush and someone asks for a photo.
  7. Finish spray your makeup and use setting powder. Especially, if you're painting your whole face. Trust me it goes a long way.
  8. Make sure you bring a repair kit just in case like Velcro, needle and thread and safety pins. Bobby pins too for your wigs.
I think that's it! Have fun! That's why you're there! Remember you look awesome and tell yourself in the mirror that you are beautiful!




 Photographs by @wallgazer photo on Facebook.
Follow Rachael on Facebook at @Rachael K Cosplay

No comments:

Post a Comment